Decision Establishing NEO:
Based upon the recommendations of the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Minister of Planning and International Cooperation, and the Minister of Finance, the Council of Ministers adopted a Decision in its meeting on 21 December 2014 as follows:
"Establishing the National Erasmus+ Office, as an autonomous legal entity to replace the National Tempus Office"
The National Erasmus+ Office is engaged in the following activities, among others:
- Facilitate implementation of projects.
- Overcome any obstacle the projects may face.
- Monitor the progress of on-going projects.
- Assist institutions and faculty members in issues related to Tempus/ Erasmus+ programs and activities.
- Liaise with local authorities regarding Tempus/ Erasmus+ projects.
- Liaise with the European Commission Delegation and European Cultural Attaches/Development Officers in Amman regarding on-going and future projects and other activities.
- Assist the European Commission in projects selection.