Decision Establishing NEO:
Based upon the recommendations of the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Minister of Planning and International Cooperation, and the Minister of Finance, the Council of Ministers adopted a Decision in its meeting on 21 December 2014 as follows:
"Establishing the National Erasmus+ Office (NEO), as an autonomous legal entity to replace the National Tempus Office"
Objectives of NEO JO:
The overall objective of the NEO is to improve the awareness, visibility, relevance, effectiveness and impact of the international components of the Erasmus+ programme and to support promotion and dissemination in the NEO countries.
- To assist the Commission, the EACEA, the EU Delegations and the authorities in the third countries not associated to the Erasmus+ programme in the implementation of the international dimension of the Erasmus+ programme in the fields of higher education, and where relevant vocational training, youth and sport.
- To support promotion and dissemination of EU funded projects
- To promote the priority areas for the Commission’s work on International Partnership in the field of education:
- Green deal: contribute to a successful green and sustainable global economic recovery (including climate change, environment and energy);
- Digital transformation: performing digital education eco-systems, improving digital skills and competences;
- Migration and mobility: recognition of qualifications, legal pathways, integration of migrants and displaced persons;
- Governance, peace, security and human development: human rights, democracy, fundamental values, citizenship, youth, gender, access and inclusion;
- Sustainable growth and jobs: skills, entrepreneurship, employability, links to the labour market and jobs creation